Wednesday, June 1, 2011

dreaming myself into shape

Last night I set my alarm for 6am.  I also set out my shorts, t-shirt and running shoes.  I was all prepared to wake up early and go for a nice morning run.  My 3rd official run of my new, healthy lifestyle

My alarm went off as planned.  I turned it off.  I rolled back over in bed.

Then I find myself walking out my door.  I'm met by the cool morning air.  My run seemed to end instantly and I was eating breakfast and telling my smiling wife about how well I did on my run - how disciplined I had become in my being able to wake up early and run and eat well and start my day of right.

Then my six year old shook me awake.  "Dad, can you fix me breakfast?"  I looked at my clock.  7am.  


I had a dream about being active and proud of my activeness... A DREAM!  I felt pretty defeated.  Oh well.  I took the stairs at work and I'll run this evening.  I guess I'll have to remember: go with the flow.  No sense in beatin myself up about it as long as I get a run in this evening.


1 comment:

  1. Haha, that's pretty funny! I am horrible at running in the mornings:/. I almost always choose sleep over working out. I love running at night, though. I hope you can still get your run in. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete