Wednesday, June 1, 2011

3rd Run

It almost didn't happen for me tonight- it was 9pm and we had just settled down.  Kids were fed and ready for bed.  We were all relaxed.  But I got dressed and went for a run. 

Tonight it was muggy and warm, but it felt good to run without the sun bearing down on me.

I went back to the soccer field and walked a lap.  Then I ran a lap.  I decided to run another.  Usually I walk/run/walk/run, etc... but this time I ran twice.  Then, when the third lap came around I kept running still!  By this time my calves and legs were burning (I know, I know, I'm weak... but I already feel much stronger).  After my third lap I walked another lap.  Then... I ran four more laps. 

I just didn't want to stop, it was a really good experience for me.  Usually I seek a way out, but tonight I really didn't want to stop.  I felt great.  But oh, that 2nd round of running, on my fourth lap, my legs were really burning. 

All in all it was a really great run for me.  I feel like I broke through some mental barriers that I had in my mind.  I also had some great time to myself and to think.  I'm excited about getting in shape and enjoying my running time.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good for you for getting out the door after 9 pm. I love a good night time run, but it's always hard to get my butt out the door!:)

    ReplyDelete