Monday, May 30, 2011

2nd Run

So today I ran... it was my 2nd run since I turned 36.  Which is to say it's my 2nd run in the last 5 years.  It was hot today, too.  I'm in North Carolina and it hit 93 degrees today.

I walked to a soccer field down the street and walked a lap, then ran a lap.

I ended up running five laps and walking six.  Not sure how far that ended up being but it was taxing for me.  I'm not sure which is more out of shape - my legs or my lungs.  Either way, it hurt.. but it hurt so good!!  I really felt great (despite the pain).  In total, I moved for 35 constant minutes.

Also, I listened to the Tron: Legacy soundtrack, which, if you like to listen to music while you run, that is a fantastic choice.

I will probably only walk tomorrow.  I'll also do some strength training.  More to come.
Thanks to anyone who's read this blog; I appreciate the accountability and the interest.

2 comments:

  1. "but it hurt so good!" - I love that! So true:). It feels good to push yourself. I feel ya on the heat, though! I am not a fan of the summer weather. But I suppose we should feel even more accomplished for getting out in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! We SHOULD feel more accomplished! :) Hey, thanks for the note. I've spent some time on your blog and have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete